Proper now’s a horrible time to fly. However with many people grounded and trapped at dwelling, it has been an excellent time to daydream in regards to the flights we need to take as soon as issues get again to regular. I needed to share my listing after which (extra importantly) hear from you what your AvGeek priorities are post-COVID.
- Flying a 747-8. I’ve flown my fair proportion of 747-400. And my time in seat 1A of a United 747 stays one among my favourite AvGeek recollections. However as lovely because the Queen seems to be from the surface, most 747-400s are outdated and have uninspiring interiors. Because of this I’m so excited to check a Sprint-8. I believe it’s much more lovely than -400. And I hope that the youthful age means a greater expertise on board.
- Extremely lengthy haul. Due to the Airbus A350, Boeing 777 and Dreamliner, airways have pushed the boundaries of long-haul flights. Whereas I’ve flown some fairly lengthy routes, I have never made it to any of the ten longest flights on the planet. However I would like! Possibly after greater than 18 hours on a airplane I’ll remorse it. However for now, it is a excessive precedence merchandise on my listing.
- Date evening at TWA lodge. I stay in New York and was in a position to cease by the brand new TWA Resort, really among the best AvGeek locations on the market, for a press go to a couple of months in the past. Have been you excited to return for a royal keep? Insurance coverage. Was he going to go in a retro outfit? Most likely. Did I’ve to postpone these plans for now? Clearly. Although the hotel and some of its features are open.
- Flying an Airbus A220. It isn’t as majestic because the 747-8. However it’s actually spectacular for what it does for in-flight consolation. Particularly in an period the place seats had been getting narrower.
- Exploring new worldwide mega-airports… and exploring my not so renovated native mega-airport. Lately, massive, glitzy airports have reached Asia and the Center East. I am unable to need to get to the brand new amenities in cities like Istanbul and Beijing. On the identical time, it has been good to see the notoriously horrible LaGuardia airport close to my dwelling get a VERY a lot wanted facelift, and I am excited to discover it, particularly the skyway bridge over the taxiway and the beautiful new lounges. .
Nicely, it is your flip! What’s in your AvGeek to-do listing for as soon as the world will get COVID underneath management? The remark part awaits your response.
The publish It is Time to Chat About Replace Your AvGeek To-Do Listing appeared first on AirlineReporter.